Information about the Vacancy for a Parish Councillor
PARISH COUNCIL OF WIGTOFT, VACANCY FOR A COUNCILLOR
There is currently a vacancy on the Council and having been through the prescribed procedure, no election has been requested.
The vacancy will therefore now be filled by the co-option process.
Should anyone wish to be considered for this vacancy they should apply in writing to the council by e mail to email@example.com.
Section 79(1) of the Local Government Act 1972 provides that, unless disqualified, a person is qualified to be co-opted as a local councillor if they are over 18, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a Euro-national on the day of their selection and:
- on that day he/she is and thereafter continues to be a local government elector for the area of the authority; or
- he/she has during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in that area; or
- his/her principal or only place of work during those twelve months has been in that area; or
- he/she has during the whole of those twelve months resided in that area; or
- he/she has during the whole of those twelve months resided either in the parish or community or within three miles of it.
Please contact the clerk by telephoning 07383 276892 if you require any additional information.
Closing date 30.11.22